Blown Minded Blown Minded

Pretty damn amazing.

Mak's Parasite Mak's Parasite

I AM WATCHING THIS REPEATLY. WHAT HAVE DONE WITH MY BRAIN?

Ninja Action Ninja Action

A thing of beauty! Love the combination of materials used, that's compositing right up the hole :D

Ripple Dot Zero Ripple Dot Zero

Firstly, I'll be honest, the review is over generous for just how polished this is: the graphical style, the environments, the controls etc all amount to a very proffessional, complete feel. Managed to completely avoid feeling like an internet game.
However, my main criticism would be the actual game-play itself. Really, it just amounts to arsing about collecting pills, with a lot a backtracking (in the levels themselves and playing levels again) and the enemies are most often sparse but often irritating to try and hit. I guess I'll draw the inevitable comparison and point out in the likes of Sonic, the ultimate goal doesn't feel like collecting as many rings as possible, but soaring through the levels and it's many obstacles, without too much frustrating grind. In that respect then, this lacked many obstacles other than elaborate layouts and trying not the screw up the order you collect stuff in (loosing access to parts of the level etc). In essence, I feel like this was a bit lacking in an fun game mechanic. There were also some instances of incomplete level design, but that doesn't really mean too much.

However, as a whole, the game was pleasing enough to make me want to (with some annoyance) collect everything, and played well enough to accommodate for the slight repetitiveness. I would love to see another release with more enemies, slightly easier combat (bigger hit radiuses comes to mind) and more bosses, and then you would certainly be with the same realm as the original Sonic releases. On that note, I loved the sense of progression felt as you went from zone to zone, and the use of elaborate parallax backgrounds to form the settings, it adds depth and I think it's something Sonic and Knuckles did particularly well. Also, kudos on all the creativety: the pixel art and animations, this game was definitely an aesthetic trumphiant!

PS just cos I didn't enjoy the gameplay wholly, doesn't men others didn't too, just my opinion! Again, a very very polished release, the most i've seen on newgrounds, would love to see some kind of Xbox arcade/ steam style release!

Gunbrick Gunbrick

Some strange reasoning for poor scores below! Very nice idea, very nice execution. Captures oldschool very well! Music is cool too!

Obduction XP Obduction XP

The music is horrendous.

Poo poo and Wee wee Poo poo and Wee wee

Mammal Sauce!

Crotchduster styley... but somehow even stupider!

Tetris On The Toilet Tetris On The Toilet

AWESOME!

Very convincing as a metal song, much better than a lot of the crap in the genre that comes out these days... incidently it is quite hilariously about crap! Also that guy actually has pretty amazing pipes....

Crock Of Bach Crock Of Bach

This is very awesome

And it does contain elements of metal, if the guy below would like to expand his taste in music.

Friendzone Friendzone

I've found the whole friend zone myth quite odious these days, but you raise a good point that it actually sounds like a frickin good thing!

Mauller Mauller

Yimminy. You hired at all?

tlishman responds:

I wish.

Celestial Dream Celestial Dream

'it's ok'?!

This is great. I think it's in the choice of colours, draws ya right in. Nice composition too. I don't have anything particualrly insightful to say, but rest assured this isn't just 'ok'.

AkiCarlito responds:

haha thank you very much for the kind words!